Before Cloistering, Immersion

Before “social distancing” and “flattening the curve” became commonplace terms… Before closings and cancellations… Before the hoarding of toilet tissue, hand sanitizer, and water bottles… We had one last hurrah. You never know when the last time will be last, until you look back. It seems much longer than less than two weeks ago… To…

What Can We Do About The Coronavirus?

First of all read this article: How Canceled Events and Self-quarantines Save Lives, in one chart. There is a lot of information floating around about the pandemic. The article linked above provides a good overview, from interviews of experts and links to advise on practical concerns generated by all these closings. I a big believer…

Less Pluribus, More Unum

If you watch a construction project from start to finish, you learn that it’s easier to tear down than to build up. A bulldozer can make short work of knocking down a building, although the demolition phase is usually purposeful, not indiscriminate. Once the structure is leveled and piles of debris hauled away, it can take…

The Video Chat is Happening!

Book clubs around the Northeast have responded to my invitation to read my book and discuss it with me through my “Chat with the Author” program. So far, two Q&A sessions stand out — one in Boston and one in Holyoke, Massachusetts. The Book Club in Boston was my first ‘in person’ Book Club Author…